Title: Community Sales Coordinator
Duration: 19 weeks (January 7, 2019 to May 17, 2019)
Contract Fee: $7,000.00
Time Requirement: Work hours and time commitment will vary throughout the term of contract. Hours of work will increase leading up to and during the 2019 ECMA scheduled event.
The East Coast Music Association is currently seeking an event Community Sales Coordinator for the 2019 East Coast Music Awards: Festival & Conference located in Charlottetown, PE from May 1-5th. The successful candidate will be based in Charlottetown and will report directly to the Brand & Community Manager. Together they will develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and sponsorship strategy for the event, and develop strategies to meet sales targets.
Under the direct supervision of the Brand & Community Manager (Halifax) this Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating a variety of marketing, sponsorship and sales duties.
- Coordinate on-the-ground and creative marketing initiatives in the Charlottetown market, including facilitating partnerships with local businesses and procuring benefits for artist and attendees.
- Prospect and sell Award Show tables for the 2019 ECMA Award Show(s).
- Prospect ECMA gift bag items and other promotional opportunities including product placement and additional activation, working in conjunction with the Marketing and Sponsorship teams.
- Work with local Discover Charlottetown and the Downtown Charlottetown Inc. to on-board local businesses to participate in the 2019 storefront pageantry contest.
- Assist in the development of the social media strategy and photography/videography initiatives.
- Assist in the placement of signage, postering, event guide distribution and pageantry plans both prior to and during the event.
- Assist Sponsorship Team in the logistics and hosting of Sponsor Summit, and Mayor’s Reception.
- Coordinate and acquire sponsorship for ECMA Award Show VIP Tables.
- Procure red carpet activations for the 2019 Awards Show on May 2nd, 2019.
- Assist in other roles as needed.
- Strong sales skills
- Strong computer skills (including Google Apps, Dropbox, Spreadsheets)
- Strong communication skills
- Social media skills
- Experience writing and editing content
- Project management experience an asset
- Budget management skills
- Experience with other cultural events an asset
- Self-motivated and ability to work as part of a team
- Experience managing volunteers
- Degree in marketing-related field is an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- Applicants must be able to work from home.
- Individual must be self-directed.
- Must have reliable transportation to attend various meetings throughout Charlottetown, PE.
- Must be willing to work flexible/late hours including evenings and weekends, particularly during the East Coast Music Awards (May 1-5, 2019).
Interested individuals can apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to Anastasia Smallwood by email@example.com. Applications must be received by 5:00pm AST, November 13, 2018. Only individuals chosen for interviews will be contacted.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-423-6770 ext 230 and speak with Anastasia.